How To Apply
Please remember that our primary focus is families with minor children. We will accept applications from single individuals or married couples without children, but rarely are we able to accept them into the program due to space limitations.
We must have a completed application before we will consider you for the program.
Who can apply?
Individuals who meet all of the following criteria:
- Do not have a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or is in immediate danger of losing their home through eviction or foreclosure.
- Lack resources (income and assets) and support networks to get adequate shelter
- Employed full-time or willing and able to become employed full-time, immediately
- Able to live independently (no physical or emotional illnesses/conditions that require supervision)
- Drug and alcohol free (as evidenced by a drug/alcohol screening)
- Agree to remain drug and alcohol free for the full time in the shelter
- Will consent to a background investigation
- Have no history of crimes involving sex, children, or violence
- Single or married (only married adults will be allowed to share an apartment)
- 21 years of age or older, or 18-20 years of age and an emancipated adult
- Have legal custodial custody of a minor child
- Have been a Lafayette County resident for a minimum of one year
- A US citizen or a legal resident of the US and have a Green Card for employment
- Not fleeing domestic violence (we can't provide the needed protection)
- Want to learn to take care of their family, manage their money well, and be a contributing member of the community
- No walk-ins, must have an appointment
How do I apply?
To apply for STEP a potential client should complete an application (part 1) and mail it to:
Doors of Hope Transition Ministries, STEP
924 Van Buren Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655
E-mail the application to: email@example.com
Applications available for pick-up at:Interfaith Compassionate Ministry (ICM) 904 North Lamar Blvd. Oxford, MS 38655 Contact: Lena Wiley
Salvation Army 2617 West Oxford Loop Oxford, MS 38655
Oxford Medical Ministries 205 South Commerce Cove Oxford, MS 38655
Lafayette County Office of Economic Assistance 819 Jackson Ave. Oxford, MS 38655
United Way 440 N. Lamar Ave. Oxford, MS 38655
Application can also be downloaded here: Doors of Hope Application
WE ALWAYS ACCEPT APPLICATIONS. Applications are available online under the "How do I Apply" tab at the top of the page. You may also contact our office at 662-234-1100 or pick up an application at ICM (INTERFAITH COMPASSION MINISTRIES) on North Lamar, Oxford or the Salvation Army at West Oxford Loop, Oxford. You will be contacted by a representative of DOHTM after we have received and reviewed your application. INTERVIEWS are only set when we have a unit available. WE DO NOT ACCEPT WALK-INS- APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED.